Monday, May 23, 2005

today

Today was a big day. English "Bagrut;" that's the big high school test. My surviving seniors were tested. Surviving, because had refused to allow some, about half, the class in class this year. They hadn't been working/studying and had no way to pass and just disturbed the others. I finally got the support of the principal. So five kids worked hard; they're not stupid, just hadn't studied over the years.

This afternoon, one of them called me, since I wasn't in the school today with them. He thanked me for my four years struggling to teach them, and he also thanked me for the goody-bags I packed for them and had the secretary deliver before the test.

That makes it all worthwhile.

And tonight I ran our local elections. I met the other two committee members as we got organized tonight. I had done all the preparations with the office, etc. They were both young. It was good, since between us all we knew everyone who came to vote.

Good Night

No comments: