Thursday, November 13, 2008

Beating The Rain

Baruch Hashem, there has been some rain, though this morning was bright and clear. One never knows how long the sky will stay like that. There wasn't a new batch of laundry, but I had to finally pay that shiva call*. I was going to cook for Shabbat and then go down, but... I can cook in the rain, since I cook out not in, but the kilometer's walk each way to my neighbor was best done in the sun.

So I went down and it was perfect walking weather. I spent quite a while there. When I walked out, I discovered that it had been drizzling. I made it as far as the roofed "waiting" place near the stores. After a few minutes, a neighbor came by and took me home.

* When I wrote the post, I neglected to leave out a minor detail, that it was a bit late, and the neighbor had gone to sleep already.

Then I cooked.

No comments: