Sunday, November 09, 2008

Not All That Dry

There certainly is a drought, and an army tractor in the Shiloh area wrecked a main water pipe, so most of the yishuv has been without running water most of the day, but things aren't all bad.

My T'filat Chana article is on the Torah Section of Arutz7. I haven't had anything there for awhile.

Luckily I keep a stock of bottled mineral water, so there's always something to drink.

Today, after I discovered that I had lots of time before the group was coming, I was driven back up, with arrangements to take me down. The driver saw her sister, who was so happy to see her, since she was rushing to catch the bus and the driver could take drinking water to her son in school. Then later, when I was all finished with it and walking back up, a neighbor who lives in the "middle" neighborhood stopped her car:
"I'm taking you home, and then you'll check if you have water. I was told that there's water in your neighborhood. I filled the car with water bottles, since we're all out."

So, we went to my house and filled up the bottles. But now there's less water pressure. G-d willing there will be plenty of water for tomorrow mornings' showers.

No comments: