Friday, November 28, 2008

Well-Dressed Women in Doha, Qatar

I'm not enough a celebrity maven to know who's who in the picture. The women are rather covered up, and it seems pretty obvious that some of these faces, probably all, have been under the care of plastic surgeons.


I think that's supposed to be Robert De Niro. He doesn't look like the guy who costarred in Men of Honor. The picture was taken at the Grand Opening of the Museum of Islamic Art in Doha, Qatar. Apparently, Israelis who have other passports are welcome, since James Snyder of the Israel Museum was there, too.
Why are women so agreeable about covering up when it's at the request of Muslims, but they can get really nasty at Jewish Holy Places? Could they fear terrorism?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post reeks racisim and xenophobea..

and btw, it was in Doha, Qatar not Dubai, UAE.

Batya said...

Thanks, I corrected the location.

Anonymous said...

Still reeks of racisim and xenophobea, though.

Batya said...

Sorry if you find it offensive. Poor taste, I guess.

Not nearly as bad as the quotation used against "me and my kind" which I quoted here.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Blogs/Blog.aspx/6#3180