Sunday, November 09, 2008

Today, To Tel Shiloh

I was asked to lead a tour at Tel Shiloh today. It's not the first time I've done it, but it's the first time as an official Tel Shiloh guide.

I got some pointers from my husband, but then I realized that, like many other things, I have to guide according to my unique perspective. Also, I've been to the tel many, many times in the past year, and he hasn't. I've taken hundreds of pictures and spoken to dozens of people about the Tel. The course I'm taking in Matan began last week and Shiloh and Shmuel (Samuel) were the theme of the first lecture.

So, it's not like I'm some sort of ignoramous. I'm an incurable individualist, who, no matter what I try, must do it all my way.

I'll let you know how it goes, bli neder. That means, I'm not swearing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any idea who hosts Haveil Havalim this week? I have searched the web but couldn't find it.

Batya said...

It's supposed to be up on http://www.jewlicious.com/. So far nothing, but there's still time.