Thursday, April 09, 2009

The Calm After The...

Yes, I know that the well-known phrase is "the calm before the storm," but that's not applicable here.

Before the Passover Seder, calm isn't in the air, but tonight most of the kids left. All that remains, besides dishes and laundry, is our youngest, who is our most frequent visitor and refuses to be treated as a "guest."

So now the house is quiet, and I'm tired. It's not that I did so much, even though I did a lot and the pressure of planning etc was on me totally, it's may be that my body isn't used to all the food I ate. Since I started my diet, I've hardly eaten bread/challah, but at the seder I had the three matzot. Also even though I got special organic no sulphur wine, I still drank four cups. OK, most were diluted with organic grape juice, but that's still a lot of sugar.

I'm tired.

No comments: