Monday, April 06, 2009

Where's The Sun?

OK, in terms of philosophy, science etc, I know that the sun is up there in the sky, where it's supposed to be whether the weather's bright and shining or stormy cloud-filled rain. But it's just a couple of days before the Passover holiday, and I'm cleaning and laundering and I have a heavy wash in the machine. It won't dry in the house. To clarify, yes, it will dry but it will take a few days, or I need to turn a heater on or use the drier, which takes hours of electricity.

This time of the year, we need for the sun to shine and not be hidden by a yellow-grey mask.

A couple of hours ago, when I was working on a very different type of post for Shiloh Musings, in a corner of my mind I planned on writing a post here asking how people clean for Pesach without a merpeset, a terrace of balcony. Even when we lived in a Jerusalem apartment, we had a nice-sized merpeset on which we could not only bring things out for cleaning, drying and airing, but the kids could play on it for hours, and we could also eat there so as not to get more forbidden chametz in the house.

I don't remember how I managed during our two years of shlichut, when we were in a small attic apartment on Golders Green Road, London. That first Pesach, I was in my 9th month with daughter #3, so I guess I wasn't all that ambitious. I hadn't planned on doing the seder at home, but yes that magic and unexpected "but," suddenly, without any warning, our eldest broke out in a rash, the very morning of the seder. We took her to the doctor and discovered Chicken Pox. So I quickly had to buy and prepare for a seder.

Good health to all.
רפואה שלימה
Refuah Shleimah

No comments: