Monday, April 27, 2009

Finally, Back To The Pool, And More In Jerusalem

I can't remember the last time I went to the pool. I used to go to the Neve Yaakov pool at least once a week in the winter. This winter I was there less than once a month, and last year about the same.

Once I'm there, I have a great time. There's no better way to exercise, and I'm sure that the reason my fat skirts still stay up is because of insufficient exercise.

From there I caught a ride to Pisgat Zeev and then two buses to Rechov Uziel, Bayit V'Gan, where I visited a friend who lives in the "senior place" in the Shalom Hotel. On the way, I passed under the "String Bridge," which is all decorated for Yom Ha'Atzma'ut, Israeli Independence Day.


She treated me to lunch there. The food isn't bad. As you can see, there's a great salad bar. Besides that, there are two soups and a choice of animal protein, chicken or fish cooked in various ways, some carbohydrates, vegetables and a choice of desserts.

From there I was off to the bus station, where I took a picture and a bus but no noshes!


I've been off of sweets. Fruit takes care of any sugar cravings I have. I'm allowed three a day.

2 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Nice pictures. I especially like the first one.

Batya said...

Thanks, I took it from the bus.