Monday, April 13, 2009

Why Couldn't They Post A Notice Saying: "Nothing Personal?"

Since last night, internet here has been non-existent or "spotty" at best, and I'm not referring to Dick and Jane's dog.

Finally, after 6am, I called that "04" number all Netvision subscribers should have taped to their "computer tower" like we do or on speed dial.

A sleepy sounding tech help guy answered. I was wondering if I should apologize for waking him up! Well, he does get paid to be alert no matter which of his 24/7 shifts he's assigned to. So, I reported:


"Since last night, I've been having trouble connecting to the internet."
"Ahh, you have a Bezek modem, yes?"
"Yes"
"We're doing some work."
"Work? Well, how much longer will it take?"
"Another couple of hours."
"Oh, that long?"
"Yes"
"Thanks"

And now I'm back on line, bli eyin haraa. It would be so much nicer if, like the "referrer" at the bottom of this blog, they would post a notice that they're doing maintenance. Blogger also has notices they put up about it as does blog patrol.

I have a busy day planned, not at all like yesterday, which was so depressingly quiet and boring.

No comments: