Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Does Wine Go Cooked With Tofu?

I guess it's a bit too late to ask. I needed a liquid in my "tofu stir fry," and all I could find was some white wine. We haven't bought Tamari sauce yet, nor ketchup, and I cooked up the mushy tomatoes with yesterday's tofu. Maybe I ought to go to Jerusalem to shop, or to the Rami Levi giant claims to be discount supermarket in Sha'ar Binyamin, the "commercial" center on the way to Jerusalem.

Since I'm trying to save money, I don't get out much. Actually, I don't get out at all. Because we all know how easy it is to spend money when "out."

Another idea is to call a neighbor who promised to alter some of my too large clothes, and my nice, not cheap, linen summer skirt, the beige one, was too big when I was too fat, so now. I hope she can shrink it, since it would be pretty silly to gain back the weight just to fit into the skirt.

First for lunch. I sauteed tofu, dla'at (that's pumpkin,) a carrot and a tiny piece of sweet potato, plus onion of course. I won't photograph it, because I burn it. I have some pride. Oh, yes, the white wine and oil, too.

2 comments:

Maya / מיה said...

That sounds really good! Where do you find tofu here? Would I need to go to Rami Levi or would it be in Machsane Lahav? I can't seem to figure out what tofu is called and don't think I've seen it on the shelves...

Batya said...

Our local supermarket sells tofu. It's in the dairy department near yogurts and cheese. All the healthfood stores should have, and I presume the other supermarkets.

I guess you'll have to read the labels until you find it. It looks like a block of yellow cheese, though white. Of course, you can ask a salesperson. Make sure you check the date on it.