Sunday, April 19, 2009

Facebook Isn't Turning Me On

My visits to Facebook are getting less and less frequent. I don't need that niche between blogging and emails. None of my old friends have discovered me there, and I haven't discovered anyone I'd like to friend either.

It's not like I'm deleting my page or anything like that, but I can't remember when I last signed in. And when I do post something, nobody reacts to it. It's like being invisible.

I don't twitter either. I keep thinking that it would be a good idea to open an account...

I like real people, f2f, even phone calls, emails and blogging. So you can't say that I'm a techno-phobe or whatever the term is. I waste so many hours a day on the computer. Why should I add to it?

4 comments:

Risa Tzohar said...

I don't consider myself a techno-phobe but I really don't see much point in Facebook either. Most of the bloggers I have as friends are in my Google Reader, so I know they've posted. I keep forgetting to post my own stuff.
By the way, Nes Tziyona is right next to Rehovot.

Batya said...

You're certainly not.
Actually, you can set up your facebook to post a notice when you've blogged. I don't think I've ever gotten hits from it, but that takes off another excuse to sign in to your account.
As you know, I haven't been to Rechovot much, either.

Unknown said...

Face book is also not doing it for me but it is a good way to contact friends if you ever wantt o. In this biusy world, a social network site is a good idea in theory. But there is just something lacking.

Batya said...

mp, I havent' discovered any friends from my past on facebook. It could be my age.