Friday, April 24, 2009

I Like These "Long" Fridays

Twenty-four hours aren't just twenty-four hours on the Jewish Calendar. That's because we divide our days at nightfall. So now, in the northern hemisphere, evening is late. That gives us more time to prepare for our Shabbat, Sabbath.

Today, I did a few things.
I went to Tel Shiloh, about a kilometer and a half from my house. We have a monthly women's prayer on Rosh Chodesh the first day of the Hebrew month.

Then I went to my neighbor to get measured. She'll be sewing me a skirt.

Then I went back home and cooked.

Then I went back, more than half way down to visit a neighbor whose mother had just died. She's only going to be here until Saturday night and then she'll sit shiva (keep the mourning week) some place else.

Then back up to cook.

Now I really don't have time, so that's it for now.

Shabbat Shalom and Chodesh Tov!

No comments: