Friday, October 23, 2015

Under The Desk


Yes, you can see here three pairs of shoes under the desk in the den. Am I the only one who, after a day of work or just any busy day, feels better after kicking off my shoes? And as you can see, my shoes are all good comfortable, lightweight and soft ones with support.

I'm very fussy about shoe fit and don't buy shoes unless I'm very sure they are comfortable, but even I feel the need to kick them off at the end of the day. I generally unwind at the computer, drinking water, and before I know it, my shoes are off and sort of live under the desk. 

I also find it most comfortable to rotate shoes and not wear the same ones day after day. That's why I have a few pairs. I think it's better for the feet to switch every day or two if possible. Think of it like turning your mattress over. Recently I began having trouble finding a comfortable position for sleeping, which was solved after I turned my mattress around. You can find a similar relief in wearing different shoes. 

In my sales job in Yafiz, I sometimes work in the shoe store, and I try to make the customers aware of how dangerous badly fitted shoes can be. I ask them what reflexology really is. I call it "correcting badly fitting shoes." Think about it. If the right sort of pressure on your feet can heal you, then, bad pressure can make you ill. So, in the long run, it's better to replace shoes that aren't truly comfortable, even if they are still new or "wearable."

That's why at the end of the day, when my feet beg to go free, I kick off my shoes and leave them under the desk.

No comments: