Saturday, February 27, 2016

Trying to Knock off a Few Pounds/Kilos

As some of you may know, a few years ago, I managed to lose about 15 kilo or 30 pounds. I blogged all about it here, and you can find posts by using the search box and searching for "losing weight," "public diet" and a few other keywords like those. And like many who have lost weight, a few of those unwanted pound/kilos have returned. This has happened before, and I've managed to get them off, but it's never easy, and it seems like each time, more find me. This time I got a good/bad 3 kilo (about 7 pounds) up on the scale, which meant that some clothes didn't fit. So I've been struggling to banish them.

If only it was as easy as when for the 52Frames photo challenge "Dream & Fantasy" I cropped and photoshopped the picture on the left into a nice slim me.

I'm working hard trying to get the unwanted weight off by walking more and trying to eat less. I've become very dependent on keeping track of my steps with the WalkLogger application on my phone. And when it somehow misses steps, I just tell myself that it's good that I've really walked even more than the app shows.

And if you're curious, I've knocked off/reduced at least half and can now wear the black leather skirt I got myself last year in the 2nd hand store I like. I wore it a lot during last year's trip to the states.  Too bad I couldn't fit into it this year. Serves me right, I should have been on top of things and never have gotten fatter. As many of us know, the challenge to keep off the weight is for life.

And remember, as it says so very accurately on this mug I bought a number of years ago:

"Dieting is A Losing Battle!"



2 comments:

Netivotgirl said...

Your dieting is far from a losing battle dear Batya! For, each time you go up a few kilos, you catch yourself and immediately try to take them off! And you work at it until you succeed. I'm in the same situation right now and hope we both follow through although it's so difficult. (The older we get the harder it is due to our metabolism slowing down.) As long as we exercise, eat healthy foods in proper quantities, have a positive outlook and smile, Be'H we'll succeed! "Do your best; Hashem will do the rest!" :)

Batya said...

Thanks for the encouragement. We are in it together