Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Weaving, "It's all in the journey..."

My weaving teacher pulled the whatever off of the loom for me and did some finishing on it.



So, now I have to figure out what to do with it.


I was getting pretty annoyed, or stressed from everyone asking me, so I began answering:
"It's all in the journey..."
Sounds flaky, but it's pretty accurate. In all honesty, I get more out of the creativity in the weaving, in figuring out where the colors should go and how to shape them, and then discovering techniques on my own. Besides that, it's very exciting to discover that there are art forms, art media that my particular talents can excel in after hearing how I'm "not talented in art" throughout my childhood. I feel like I'm making up for lost time, wasted decades and worse.

"Old age" is a "second chance" in a way. It's also a last chance, because we don't live forever. So I really enjoy and appreciate that now I can participate in the senior citizens activities on Sunday. And even more, I am so grateful that we get two hours of crafts. It's like a dream come true in many ways.


My new weaving project is very different. It is much smaller. It's round, and I'm using threads I donated from what's left after I had crocheted hats. And, of course, I'd prefer you not ask me what this is going to be, thanks.

No comments: