Saturday, November 01, 2008

Shocking, Uncharacteristic

Honestly, I don't believe I did it. I've never done anything like it.

No, please relax, it's not scandalous, just, surprising.

Friday afternoon, just a couple of hours before Shabbat, even before I had finished cooking and cleaning, I walked out of the house to do errands. And only one of the errands really had to be done before Shabbat. Usually I ask my husband to go out on Fridays for errands, but I felt that I had to do it.

I took a noodle kugel to a neighbor, who needed some cooking help.

Recipe:
  • 1 package of broad, flat noodles
  • 4 eggs
  • light brown sugar and cinnamon, to taste
  • optional, raisins, or any other sweet fruit

Instructions

  • cook noodles, rinse
  • add cinnamon and sugar
  • wait until it cools a bit, and then add the eggs
  • bake in a medium oven, like for a cake, until "solid."

After delivering the kugel, I brought a picture cd to neighbors. They were pictures I had taken of a project they had worked on. I stayed to chat a bit. Then I took another cd to a different neighbor. Those pictures I had taken two years ago, and somehow, she never got them. I had to burn a new disk when I did the housekeeping.

And then I got back home, quickly finished cooking, washed the floor and put a super-quick post on Eye of Storm, and it was time for Shabbat.

No comments: