Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Eating Out in Jerusalem at Joe's and Eldad's

After a rather dry spell, I ate out a few times recently.  One of Jerusalem's most handsome bachelors went with me to "Eldad V'Zeh Hu," one of the Jerusalem restaurants, which recently decided that for money, rather than love of G-d, they'd make it kosher.  We kosher food eaters are the beneficiaries, especially, since the prices are very reasonable. 




Handsome Bachelor, once known as the trekker, ordered their Beef Stroegenoff (forgive my spelling) and I had the Mixed Meat and Vegetable Kabob.  We were both very happy with our meals.
Yes, some of you may think it rather humorous that the Medads were at Eldad's.  If you don't know your Bible you won't get it.

And about Joe...
Israel has a chain of coffee shops called "Cup of Joe."  I hadn't eaten in any... that is until a couple of weeks ago, when I had two meals in the Jabotinsky Street, Jerusalem branch, late lunch and supper, with two different people.
 
I was so hungry when I saw my lunch, a Hot Goat's Cheese Salad, that I just gobbled it down and never shot a picture of it.  The servings are enormous, and my friend was rather amazed that I cleaned the plate.
 
Later when my "sil" and I needed to find a place for dinner, I recommended it.  We shared the Onion Soup, which wasn't very photogenic, but tasty, not too salty. And then we shared the tuna salad.  It really is that sort of restaurant.  Portions are large, and "sil" and I have also done shared meals in New York.  Ther's more than salads on the menu, but since I don't eat carbohydrates, they're most suitable for me.

No comments: