Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Today in Jerusalem

I had something to do in Jerusalem worth dragging myself up and out for. Someday I'll tell you about it.

I got in via a ride, getting off at what was once the border between Israeli Jerusalem and Jordanian Jerusalem. All that was cleared away during the Six Days War, 1967, when Jordan attacked Israel and lost. You can still see the bullet holes in some of the buildings.

The municipality set up "graffiti" boards near the old city, but I don't know if one needs a permit to paint on them.

After a bit of "wandering around," trying to get my bearings and strength after being sick yesterday, I decided that it was lunchtime. OK, it was lunchtime and I realized that maybe I was weak from hunger, too. So I went into the "Village Green," which is probably Jerusalem's best vegetarian, health-style restaurant. Usually I don't eat soup out, since most places use too much salt and powdered soup, but I felt that I really needed soup today. I ordered a large bowl of split-pea soup. I must admit that it's almost as good as mine! I didn't have one of their fantastic rolls, since I wasn't that hungry and thought that the soup would suffice.

Then I "pre-shopped" for some wedding gifts. Actually I should have bought them, since I owe so many, but I don't like making major decisions when I'm not feeling well. Then I thought I'd buy them afterwards, but it just didn't work out.

I've been trying to get the pictures up on photobucket. These free deals are worth what I've paid I guess! I give up.

2 comments:

Baleboosteh said...

I hope you start feeling better really soon!

Batya said...

Thanks so much!