Thursday, April 26, 2007

I prefer visiting, not contests!

I've been getting all sorts of emails from bloggers begging for votes, but I'm not going to do it. That's right; don't expect a letter from me. I'm very flattered at getting nominated, and I really do appreciate the votes, but I'm not actively campaigning. My hope is that some of the people, whether they vote for me or not, who have checked out my blogs, will decided they like them enough to visit again and again. Nu, you can even comment, so I know what you think. Disagreements are accepted, too. I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me. Even better, if you quote and link my blogs, just like I'm going to do now...

First, sad news from Emah S. Her grandmother passed away. I always found that it was hardest for me to miss the sad occasions, rather than the joyous ones. HaMakom y'nachem...

If you will it gives us "Festive Coke" Only in Israel!

Counting the Omer Part V - - - posted by Reb. Nati on Mystical Paths.

More from my neck of the woods, Ben-Yehuda has some interesting ideas in Yom Ha'Assma'uth: Some Suspicious Observations.

And something very different from Modern Uberdox: Doing with what I don't enjoy doing Yes, it's different, but a great post.

NYC Educator has serious complaints about his mayor.

Da Jew is all excited about JIB; it's ok, he nominated me! Good luck!

Gorgeous picture on Kumah!

Nuch a chosid asks what we're reading.

Torontopearl knows Hebrew.

Rafi G. calls his "visiting," "lazy links." And the Jewish Blogmeister is visiting, too.

A junkfood rant by Orthomon. Wow! We only had apple machines in my day, but that was a long, long time ago!

That's it for tonight!
Shabbat Shalom

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your visits!!!

I also don't like contests.

Sarah Likes Green said...

visiting is great.

i'm not a fan of contests either. they get annoying after a while. best to blog for yourself and if you happen to be nominated or win, so be it.

Batya said...

thanks, nuch,
wonderful

Sarah, Exactly

How's your mother?

Shabbat Shalom

Scraps said...

I'm not much of one for contests, either, though maybe that's because I rarely win? It's hard to say.

This post reminds me of Ezzie's blog round-ups. :)

Shabbat shalom!

Batya said...

Think about it in simple math. Most people lose contests. That's the point, a winner and the rest losers.
But everyone wins in these "visitings," carnivals "round-ups," or whatever the blogger decides to call it.

Jack Steiner said...

I like the roundups.

Neil Harris said...

I agree. I was flattered to have been nominated. To push others to vote for me seemed rather silly.

Batya said...

Jack, me, too
Neil, Exactly how I felt. Glad we're on the same team.

I wish there was a way to "collect them," like we collect the carnivals.

ifyouwillit... said...

Thanks for the mention - I just found out via technorati!

Batya said...

I've never gotten into the technocrati thing. I check referers on my "counter." OK, not that I catch everything, but I do catch trends.