Friday, April 27, 2007

Still grey

It's still a horrid whitish-yellow-grey outside. Yesterday I never even hung the wash. It'll have to go through an extra rinse. If the air doesn't clear, I'll hang it inside, in one of the bedrooms, since the kids aren't coming home for Shabbat.

True spring here in the Holy Mountains of the Holy Land isn't the green and bright flowers which inspire poets to praise nature. Not that we don't see that, too. But part of the change in seasons is an eastern wind filled with dust, sand and allergens.

Yesterday some of my friends and I took a walk, not quite the pace of a "power walk," but faster than a stroll. The air was horrendous. Besides the dust, sand and pollens, the odor of the flowers, so heavily blooming was like in a cheap perfumery after a display shelf crashes breaking bottles and spilling the contents all over the place.

I hope it ends with a cleansing rain.

Shabbat Shalom U'Mevorach

No comments: