Thursday, April 12, 2007

ok, JIB, now

I have a love-hate, no, it's an ambivalent-hate thing about JIB, the Jewish-Israeli Blog Awards.

The first year it ran, I came dead last wherever I was nominated. The second year I wasn't nominated at all, so at least I didn't lose. And actually in the "rejected" one a few months ago I did really well. Maybe that's why lots of people didn't like them.

Does that make me a sore loser, maybe.

I'm not a great fan of competitions, because too many people lose. I prefer our jblog carnivals. Now there are three, Havel Havelim (Soccer dad,) JPIX (Bagel Blogger) and my very own Kosher Cooking Carnival, which cover most bases with sufficient overlap. Too many jcarnivals would mean that we wouldn't be exposed to a variety of blogs. I've also joined the jbloggers who do our own "very mini-carnivals." I call mine "visiting."

If you want to nominate my blogs or posts in any of the categories, please do. I'm not boycotting JIB Awards. I just want us to make sure we're all winners and not losers. Isn't that the lesson we're supposed to learn during the period of Sfirat Ha'Omer?

Shabbat Shalom U'Mevorach!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I posted about the JIBS i didn't see your post before, maybe if i would, I wouldn't have made a fuss about it....

Batya said...

It's ok.
You can promote both the carnivals and the awards.

Daniel Greenfield said...

I nominated shiloh musings in one category yesterday,

my own attitude to these things is ambivalent too, I don't pay them too much attention whether I win or lose

Batya said...

Thanks sk, which one?