Last night's Passover Seder went well; I think.
I was in charge of the food and I didn't hear any complaints. They wouldn't dare complain after all the work I did!
I made lots of chicken soup with "kneidelach," and after serving it at the seder and again today for lunch, it's almost gone. I made it in stages.
- First I boiled up the chicken in a large pot.
- Then I took out the chicken and cooled both separately in the fridge.
- The next day I took out the soup, skimmed off the fat, which had hardened.
- Then I added lots of vegetables, such as: onions, carrots, parsley roots and leaves and celery leaves.
- Since I was afraid that there wouldn't be enough room in the pot, I cooked up the kneidlach separately.
- I added just a drop of salt and pepper.
While we're talking food and family, meander to Carnival of the Recipes and Carnival of Family Life.