Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Like a tourist, uh, ok, not exactly, but...

It wasn't my usual day in Jerusalem.

I did start by waiting for a ride, so I could go to the pool. Finally a neighbor was on his way to... Beit El, but on my day off and not my teaching hour, so I got in and got off at Ofra.

While waiting to cross the street, to be a good girl and wait inside, suddenly I saw another neighbor pass by. I waved; he kept going, and then... I saw that he was backing up. There was room, and I got in. A bit further on, we saw a car stopped, and then we saw some Arabs coming to help push it, so it would go.

What do you think? Well, my neighbor stopped his car, where I was sitting in the backseat, and got out to help. You can't really see him in the picture, but he was there... helping.

helping Arabs
He returned safely, and we went to Jerusalem. I got out and caught a cab to the pool. The water, steam room and sauna were all great. Baruch Hashem!

Then I met a friend who needed some dental surgery and went with her to Hadassah Ein Kerem. Things have changed since I was last there when my younger granddaughter was born two years ago. There's now a nice mall.

From the Kosher Aroma, the Hadassah Ein Kerem Mall
I had lunch in the newly Kosher Aroma.

kosher, reflected,  the Hadassah Ein Kerem Mall
I figure that if they've made the effort to "go kosher," I should make a point to patronize them. I had an enormous tuna salad for only ns31.

They have a "smoking corner" on the way to the Dental Department.

smoking corner in  the Hadassah Ein Kerem  Hospital
It was a nice day!

No comments: