Sunday, April 08, 2007

Spring in Shiloh

Friday morning I took a walk around the neighborhood, in the other direction, from my usual. The views and flowers were gorgeous. This is the nicest time of the year. In Israel it rains in the winter, only, so the winter is green and spring is colorful. Passover is for taking pictures, a good excuse to get out of the house and burn those Kosher l'Pesach calories!

Here's the Beit Knesset Mishkan Shiloh, the Shiiloh Tabernacle Synagogue, Shiloh's largest, modeled after the Biblical Tabernacle, which "rested" in Shiloh for 369 years and was the spiritual center of the Jewish People during that time.
Shiloh Tabernacle Synagogue
view of Eli from Shiloh
To the North of Shiloh is Eli, and to the west is Ma'ale Levona.

view of Maale Levonah from Shiloh

trees in bloom
And enjoy "nature," since within a short time, it starts drying up.
red wild flowers
lilac wild flowers
flowering tree
daisies with a difference
purple and white

2 comments:

wendy said...

You photos are so beautiful. I have wondered what it looks like where you are. What kind of blooms? Cherries?

Batya said...

thanks
but I'm sorry that I don't know the names
When I was young I did the "tree badge" in Girl Scouts, so I knew the trees native to NY, but Shioh is different.