Sunday, April 01, 2007

Just about ready to cook


Before I forget, meander to the latest Carnival of the Mundane!





Bleary eyed I am, sitting here at the keyboard, drinking coffee. I went to bed a few hours late. This is how my kitchen looked, just about ready for Pesach. The only things missing were are (I must be honest) the bowls in the sink and the dish drainers. They're still all lined up in the hallway.






I think a nice big 6qt pot has disappeared. I'm pretty sure I have/had one. Also the water kettle my husband and I both remember is no where to be found, but there was a different one instead. I'll have to trust that it's a substitute, since it was in the Pesach closet.



Let's try catching up, since I haven't been blogging much, and once my coffee's finished I'll be too busy again. Though the computer's a good "break" for me.



Friday morning, my husband told me I must go out and see the Chabad camp taking place right near the house. Armed with my trusty camera I went out to shoot a shot and was asked to be "official photographer." I've already sent the pictures to the young woman who organized it. Wow! Digital photography does have its pluses.




Shabbat was Shabbat with strange food about which I'll blog later, bli neder (which means, no promise, but). Nice Shabbat Hagadol shiur in English by Rabbi Dov Berkovits; it's a tradition in the neighborhood! Have I told you what a great neighborhood this is?

After Shabbat I answered a bit of email, but no blogging. Then I went back to the kitchen to work and then I went to a neighbor whose father had died in England. He just got back from the shiva, but he felt the need to "sit" here, too. According to Jewish Law, one is to comfort the mourner for the first month, even the year, not just the official week of "shiva." His local rabbi told him to publicize a couple of "reception times," and people came from all over Shiloh.

While I was there I realized that one of the couples visiting has just the right sons to help us with the attic schlepping, which was all that remained for my husband to do. It's a "two-man" job, and our young men aren't home any more. So I walked out when they did to ask about their sons. Mission accomplished!

In addition they mentioned that a different neighbor, whose mother had just passed away, was sitting shiva at home tonight. So I went down with them and then I took a ride up with another neighbor who lives closer in order not to inconvenience them.

Back to work!

2 comments:

Ariella's blog said...

I am about at the same Pesach stage. Happy cooking.

Batya said...

u 2
wet nails