Monday, August 10, 2009

The Attraction of Modesty

Actually, I had never heard of this Mayim Bialik, the writer of a very interesting essay on modesty. But you can't go by me, since living in Israel and not having real TV reception, my knowledge of the stars, like who they are and the shows they're in is pretty sparse. I admit to having read magazines like "People," until I realized that I was totally unfamiliar with 90% of the subject matter.

The last time I saw a movie at the movies was when the Andy Kaufman movie, Man on the Moon was new. I only went to it, because Andy and I had studied together in high school. If you count documentaries in the Cinamateque, then The Refuseniks.

Back to modesty. The old movies, which kept you guessing and concentrated on the "longing" rather than anatomy were much sexier.

I wish Mayim Bialik all the best.

No comments: