Friday, August 07, 2009

It's So Much Better To Serve Less

I've always had an appetite problem, or call it a satiation problem. That "full" feeling is rare. So, if there's food in front of me, I'm hungry, regardless of how much I've already eaten.

Some foods actually make me hungry the more I eat them. In my "new way of eating" I've eliminated them and don't even start. That has contributed greatly to my weight loss.

Events, like weddings, are real challenges for me. The "require" eating three meals plus within a few hours.

  1. The reception, with deceptively "small" tastes, you can end up filling up on double the calorie count of a normal meal.
  2. The first course of salads, made with lots of salt and oil, plus the plate of fish or doughy delight filled with liver or vegetables.
  3. The main course, which we eat, even though we've already eaten two days worth of food.

Last night at the wedding I didn't overeat. First of all, I missed the reception. We arrived seconds before the ceremony. And since this was a wedding "designed" for maximum guests, there was no "first course." The salads, side dishes and a choice of poultry and beef were set up on buffet tables. We took what we wanted and that was the meal.

Nobody was hungry. We left before dessert.

2 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

I love that here in Israel, no one thinks twice about having a buffet at a wedding!

Shabbat Shalom!

Batya said...

I prefer buffets. You can choose what you want to eat and mix more socially. Here in Israel, I've been to such a variety of weddings.