Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Too Bad I Don't Write Fiction...

Sometimes I think that it would be better for me as a "writer" if I could write fiction.  There's a bigger market; I think.  Nobody wants to pay me for my opinions, but if I could spin a tale...

Walking around the neighborhood, I spied this, shot it and thought that it would make a nice "caption this" photo.


But maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe I should be forcing myself to invent a past to the scene.  As an English Teacher I've given assignments like that.  "Make up a story" about one of these pictures.  I never make up stories.

What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that a nativity scene? ;)

Batya said...

Never thought of that, but for sure it isn't. I guess I should have made it a "caption this"

Anonymous said...

I am writing here for the first time. The attraction was first the butter nut squash, then the women's prayers. Then over all I was wandering here and there.
The photo actually looks like a futon, and a little child's toy horse. What really got my attention is the stain on the upper right side. WOuld make a great story yes.

Batya said...

Stain, didn't notice. What story would you tell?