Tuesday, January 10, 2012

When I'm Walking...

Since I can't afford to join a fitness club, I must find the best and cheapest possible way to keep my muscles at least as tight as they are.  I must admit that I've lost my swim-season look.  The best deal when it comes to exercise is walking, so I walk.

Our neighborhood is pretty flat for the top of a mountain, and the general circuit is over a kilometer, about a mile.  That's how I end up taking all sorts of pictures like my "caption this" series.  I also take pictures of the building going on here in Shiloh as I walk around.

Recently I've begun listening to shiurim, Torah/Bible classes on my new toy, the Q3 my husband was given by some Korean diplomat.  Matan has all sorts of classes online for free, which I enjoy.

Some neighbors have very professional, well-planned and cared-for gardens.  Few have horrendous overgrown messes, like mine.  And some people have... well, how would you caption this?

7 comments:

Miriam said...

Like you, Avraham and I walk...we walk our dog, we walk everywhere we have to go. Walking, you should know if the best form of exercise.

The caption I would put for your picture is:
With water is so expensive...what else do you do with the lawn?

Have a great day!
Miriam

Batya said...

Miriam, thanks and enjoy your walks.
Let's see who else is inspired to post a comment.

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
"This is not an abandoned garden. We're waiting for Tu B'Shevat"

Our yard is truly abandoned. We have a few fruit trees from the previous owner that have withstood over ten years of neglect, but the rest is grassy weeds. We would like plant SOMETHING, but with the drought being what it is, what can we do?

Batya said...

Hadassa, do what you can for the fruit trees. At least they give food.

Miriam said...

Batya can you pass this on to Hadassa. Hadassa, we water our fruit trees with the recycle water from the washing machine. By us, water never gets wasted. If you want to know how to do this..email me.
saftala@gmail.com

Miriam

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
Miriam, I know people who do that. With a small child at home I think that the logistics would be too annoying for me. I turn on the washing machine and forget about it. The fruit trees don't need any help from us. A neighbor said that we must be benefiting from other people's irrigation: to quote, "Every time someone stops irrigating a lawn, a tree dries up somewhere." We are downhill from our entire neighborhood and our neighbor on one side irrigates his lawn so that does make sense.

Batya said...

YOu guys can always fb this.