Monday, January 02, 2012

Practicing Before Getting Back into the HH Saddle

It has been almost two years since I've hosted a Havel Havelim, so I'm just warming up, practicing. 

Havel Havelim is the Jewish Blog Carnival. What's a "blog carnival?"  I like to describe it like a floating internet magazine.  HH is one of the oldest blog carnivals still traveling the international internet.  It was established/started by Soccer Dad who no longer blogs.  Then Jack took it over, and now it's sort of floundering, so Esser Agaroth's Ya'aqov and I are trying to get it back on track.  That's why he started a Havel Havelim facebook page, which you can join.  Our big question will be how to submit your links so they'll be included in Havel Havelim.  I hope we'll get control of the blog carnival account, so the weekly host can receive the list from them.  So, in the interim, I'm requesting that you send your link to bc and fb message or email the upcoming week's host.  The info will be on the previous HH and on the fb page.  Since I'm coming out of "retirement" for next week, please email me.

So, enough with all the prelude, on with the show!  And don't forget to visit, comment etc all the blog posts included and share this post far and wide. Thanks!

I'm dreading fouling up all sorts of sign-ins because I just got used to 2011 and now it's 2012, but Chavi's happy that she's starting a new year.  The Baleboosteh, the mother of all those gems is raising wonderful children.

Read about Risa's lovely Friday in Rechovot.  I sympathize with Ricki; I can't imagine having to sleep with that thing on my head.

Israel has no peace, not even a cease-fire with its neighbors. Subscribe to QassamCount.

The Elder of Ziyon takes on Ilan Grapel.

Leora's Shepherd's Pie is very different from the one my trekker son and I used to make.  I guess I hadn't blogged about it, but we made one with chopped meat and potatoes and other veggies.

Pesky brings up a good point about the negative side of Jews only coming to Israel when dead, especially when there's no family here. What's the point?

More on the Bet Shemesh and RBS situation by Rafi, who actually lives there.  I wrote about mixed seating on me-ander and what I think of those who are fixated with little girls on Shiloh Musings.

NO, this isn't a Havel Havelim.  It's just a practice to get ready for next week.  Please visit the blogs included and share this around, thanks.

4 comments:

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

Excellent mini list! Stoked to see the REAL deal!

Batya said...

Well, Chavi, at least re:HH, there's no age discrimination.

rickismom said...

Batya, I am having trouble with my email, so here are my posts for HH:
http://beneaththewings.blogspot.com/2012/01/measure-of-man-soap-box-post.html

thanks!

Batya said...

ok, thanks