Tuesday, January 03, 2012

How Far Did I Walk?

Today I walked a lot, an awful lot.  Since I didn't have any shifts, and I'm angry with Egged, Jerusalem, I am reducing my bus expenses whenever possible.  Today I visited my daughter in the Israel Museum. If you haven't been there recently, you're missing a great treat.

But before I write more about the museum, this is the route I walked:
  • Shmuel Hanavi to Strauss,
  • down Strauss to Yaffo
  • Yaffo to the Erroca eye glass place on Ben Yehuda
  • Ben Yehuda to Mordechai Ben Hillel
  • Ben Hillel to King George
  • a few stores up King George to the "Ullman-Emanuel Opticians," which has a new sign on top
  • from that optician to the WC in the Horse Garden
  • Horse Garden/Park to Betzalel and all the way up over the bridge past the Supreme Court
  • Supreme Court past all the old Government Office Buildings
  • to the Israel Museum
Then, no surprise, I walked around the museum.  There are all sorts of films and benches, so I did sit a bit.  The Design Wing has nice stuff.  If you haven't been there recently, there is so much to see.

And then I walked to the Central Bus Station.

Did I walk enough today?  How far did I walk?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if your route looked about like this, it looks like you walked about 8 km (not counting inside the Israel Museum).

Batya said...

a, thanks for the help, but the map didn't come out on my computer. Did I really walk THAT MUCH?