Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Pishers' Guide to Jerusalem #11, Never Fear The Rami Levy WC

sink and hand-dryer
in the women's side
This is a continuation in my ongoing series about public toilets in Jerusalem. See #10#9,  #8#7,  #6,  #5, Saved by The First Station aka #4a#4#3#2and #1

The Rami Levy Shivuk Hashikma, Discount Supermarket Chain is known for its low prices and minimal advertising, so who would expect him to invest in above average public toilets that are kept clean? When I used to work in Yafiz, Sha'ar Binyamin, people would ask if the toilets were decent enough to use, and I'd say that they are nicer than those in many wedding halls. And they seem better kept than those in some restaurants. And they are more comfortable than those peculiar rectangular seats in the Mamilla Mall.

There's a handicapped toilet, a men's section, a women's section and an additional sink that can be used by all.

The older I get the more I've become an expert in public toilets. And that's why I must tell you that, davka, the Rami Levy in Sha'ar Binyamin can compete with the best of them. He may sell onions for less than in Machane Yehuda, but he doesn't offer cheapo facilities. They may not be fancy, but they're functional and don't smell.

If you're familiar with the public toilets in other branches, I'd appreciate a report in the comments, thanks.

No comments: