Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Did It According To The Rabbanit Yemima

Last Saturday night I went to Ofra to hear the Rabbanit Yemima Mizrachi.  Ladies, if you understand everyday Hebrew and have an opportunity to hear one of her shiurim, classes, go.  Even if your Hebrew isn't great, you'll understand a lot of what she says.  She's more stand-up than Beis Medrash.  I'd say she's better stand-up than those marketed as comedians.  OK, maybe not all of her talks were as funny as this pre-Passover one, but she's really fun to listen to.

Being kinesthetic by nature, I was more impressed by the feeling of the event than the details of her talk, one thing I did hear and remember was that we must buy ourselves a new outfit in honor of Passover.

Today I did it.  I was in Jerusalem to take my father to the hearing aid place.  My daughter was in charge and dismissed me, telling me:

"Go shopping.   Go to the shuk.  We'll let you know when we're finished."

How could I refuse?

I found something on sale.  It's the type of outfit I never could have worn before I lost weight.

4 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Titchadshi on the new outfit!

Batya said...

Thanks, darling, it's from that ABC store and only cost ns79.

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
That's a real deal. What is "that ABC store"? And congrats on losing the weight.
Thanks.

Batya said...

Hadassa, thanks, the big job is keeping it off, continuing to eat very low carbs. ABC is one of the stores on King George across from Hamashbir.