Thursday, October 07, 2010

This Week's Parshat Shavua, Torah Portion of the Week, Noah by Bill Cosby



There are times we must from everyone, even Bill Cosby.  This is the long, uncut version, so get comfortable and enjoy.

Remember what the Bible said about Noah:

 ט אֵלֶּה, תּוֹלְדֹת נֹחַ--נֹחַ אִישׁ צַדִּיק תָּמִים הָיָה, בְּדֹרֹתָיו: אֶת-הָאֱלֹהִים, הִתְהַלֶּךְ-נֹחַ. 9 These are the generations of Noah. Noah was in his generations a man righteous and whole-hearted; Noah walked with God.

In each generation, G-d judges us individually and according to our time/generations and place, too.  That can make it easier, like in Noah's time, or more difficult.  When I was growing up, my parents always told me to resist peer pressure:

"If everyone was jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge, would you jump, too?"
You can't imagine how many times I heard that.  My parents certainly didn't expect or wish that I would choose the path I chose.  I certainly didn't jump off that Brooklyn Bridge.

No comments: