Thursday, October 14, 2010

2nd Grade Homework, Grandparents' Aliyah







This morning, just a few minutes ago, I got an emergency call from my daughter that her Second Grader had to bring pictures from "grandparents' aliyah." So I quickly went through the computer's memory and found the page the (my) kids had made for my "Sixtieth Birthday Album" and emailed it to her so they could print it off.

We made aliya by boat, docking in Haifa Port after Shabbat September 5, 1970.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

sara g said...

We came in 1962 by boat. (We - my parents, sister and I) I don't think anyone does that anymore. Are there passenger boats from the states to Israel now?

Batya said...

Wow! I think they stopped it some time in the late 1970's. I loved the trip.

Mrs. S. said...

What great pictures! Thanks for sharing them!

Jennifer in MamaLand said...

Gorgeous - lovely pictures, in colour, too. Where was I on September 5, 1970? We had just moved to Toronto that summer. My mother was pregnant with my brother, and I was perhaps already looking forward to my first birthday... :-)))

Batya said...

Mrs. S, thanks!
Jennifer, it's hard to believe that I'm so old. Last night I was at a wedding with friends I've known since before aliyah. We all live in Israel today, and most were probably at our bon voyage party.