Thursday, October 21, 2010

I Think The Postal Worker Was Afraid of Me

She had gotten to work late.  I wasn't the only one waiting for her to open the mini-post office. Actually there was quite a line ahead of me.  Nu, so I waited. 


Finally it was my turn, and the clerk looked, and she looked, and she looked some more.  She went through every pile that could possibly have been hiding my review copy of  Kosher by Design Teens & 20-Somethings: cooking for the next generation

Our "post office" is a very small little "building," and I was starting to get nervous.  There aren't too many places to hide there.  The Jerusalem branch of Artscroll and Susie Fishbein's publicity staff were all concerned and writing to me about my missing book.  It should have arrived days ago, but I hadn't gotten any notice from the post office, and the young woman working there couldn't find it.


So, of course, on the very, very bottom of the last pile of book-sized packages, there it was!
A "Kosher by Design"
Is finally mine
With the right rhyme by you,
you can have one, too

Please send in your rhyming slogan in the comments of one of my blog posts about the book.  The writer of the winning slogan  will receive a free copy of  Kosher by Design Teens & 20-Somethings: cooking for the next generation.

So now I have about a week to read the book and prepare my review.  I love to read cookbooks, but I must admit that I rarely follow recipes.  I use them as "inspiration."  And this new Kosher by Design cookbook definitely looks inspiring!

No comments: