Sunday, September 10, 2006

I didn't feel it!


I guess she was right!

When I walked into shul, just after 8am, Shabbat morning, my friend asked me:
"Did you feel the earthquake?"
"Noooo, nothing."
"I was sitting here, and my seat moved." (synagogue balcony, Ezrat Nashim, ladies' section)
We don't chat during the dovening (prayers,) so that was the end of the conversation. I had forgotten all about it until I saw this morning's news. The epicenter was in nearby Ma'aleh Ephraim, in the Jordan Valley.

Experts say that Israel is on one of those dangerous "faults." In recent years there have been quite a few small earthquakes, of which some I've even felt.

Considering the political and military situation in the region, we can easily say that the surface of the earth is no more stable than the "inside." Who knows what plans G-d has for us?

Wikipedia map

2 comments:

YMedad said...

Well, I felt it. It was just 2-3 minutes before 8 AM and start of prayers. The windows rattled a bit and, of course, the first thing that was asked was "which br'acha does one pronounce?" (answer: "Blessed is he whose strength and power fill the world!")

Batya said...

I was on more solid ground at the time.