Monday, September 04, 2006

Ok, I did it


I got stuck with one of those meme's. It's like those kids' games, sort of like "tag."

I haven't done one for awhile. This was from the Pragmatician. He visits my blog on occasion and I visited back and sort of got tagged.

Actually it's a nice one. We have to compliment the first person we see after being tagged and then tell about it. I hope I got his right. I kept forgetting about it, since it's not like I blog in a busy office where I see people all the time. It's also not like my house is full of people. I usually blog when I'm alone. So this was a tough one to do. I'd "plan on it" and then totally forget long before I saw anyone.

One thing I've learned, and that's to ask for help, so I asked the Pragmatician to remind me, and he did, but then there still wasn't anyone to compliment. But I was a good girl and didn't delete the reminder.

Finally about a half an hour ago I checked my mail and saw it. Not only were there other people in the house, but they were awake! I quickly left my chair and left the den and looked for my darling little boys. OK, no everyone thinks of them as little; they are army veterans and world travelers. But they will always be my little boys!

They were sitting at the diningroom table feeling quite mellow after the delicious dinner I cooked for them. I told them that I love them and they are wonderful, and they looked at me like I had lost my marbles. But they always look at me like that. Maybe I have.

So that's it.

They're both going to the states this week to visit family, such tzaddikim, righteous boys willing to spend time with the family old folks. Yes, I do love my little boys.

3 comments:

Batya said...

And it was only yesterday that I was a young mother, too.
So how can I be an old savta already?

Pragmatician said...

Well done!
They may have given you the 'are you alright' look, but they loved to hear they were wonderful (who doesn’t)?

Batya said...

Thanks.
They think I'm prejudiced. But they are great!

Actually it's a good meme; we forget to say nice things to people.