Friday, September 01, 2006

9+ more months!


Wail, wail, boo-hoo!
I just can't
wait for June!

That's when the pool should be re-opening. I understand that it's just not "cost-effective" to have it open once the schools are opening. The cleaning, maintence, insurance etc are the same whether it's open all day or just a bit in the morning and then the afternoon evening. And I remember from other years that it was pretty empty in the morning. Most women have morning jobs, not like me who doesn't see my students until after lunch.

Luckily for the guy in charge, the weather has cooled a little from super-hot all day. Now it's:

chilly in the morning,

chilly in the evening,

chilly at ...



Of course, I don't mind that morning chill; it helps me wake up. This week I went to every "women-only" session, including the evening ones. And now it's time to get ready for the last swim of the season...

5 comments:

Pragmatician said...

I don't where you live but there has got to be other non mix swimming palces in the area?

Batya said...

Neve Yaakov, Jm is my winter pool. But there's no comparisan between a 2 minute walk from the house.
the separate hours are fewer, but it's fine. I usually go Wed. morning and then errands in Jm.

wendy said...

We headed up to the outdoor pool on Tuesday and we were so sad to find that it is closed for the season. We still had a week left before school starts. I guess summer is over.

Anonymous said...

How I wish the USA wasn't so politically correct and women had their own pool time, gym time, etc.

Batya said...

What's so "incorrect" about separate swimming? In Shiloh we even have female lifeguards.

It gives us a nice relaxed time, without being ogled.