Wednesday, September 20, 2006

last bit of view


My kids think we ought to have made a fuss when someone started building and blocking our last bit of view.

Yes, what you're seeing is true. Someone is building a house in Shiloh. There are others adding rooms.

Honestly, I prefer neighbors and community growth to my convenient view. I'd hate to think of stagnation and death for the neighborhood. Also, our house blocked the view of another. Also, I'm glad our hill isn't so steep that each house has an unblocked view. Those streets have lots of steps.

We'll still have a gorgeous sunrise, and that's certainly worth waking up early for.

3 comments:

Pragmatician said...

way to think pragmatically, a view is just that, neighbours can have sugar when you run out of any.

Batya said...

exactly

Baleboosteh said...

What an amazing view it is too!

Maybe you will have to build up and add a second story ;)