Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Updates

My older son is off to the airport to visit NY/NJ for a few weeks. Yes, that means that he'll be away for most of the Holidays. Younger son will be going in two days, too. Oy, we'll be empty-nesting again. So for all those gorgeous young ladies who were hoping to snag them, set up your nets in Livingston, Great Neck and Manhattan.

And in a different sphere entirely, I added a couple of blogs to ye olde sidebar. They are The Pragmatician and NYC Educator. Take a gander. They are very different from each other.

Yesterday I started the "exercise class." It's 90 minutes long and a very mixed group of women. Two years ago, the morning classes were by levels, and this is on the "easy" day, and it seemed like a warm-up. I didn't have a watch on, and there's no clock in the building, so I was surprised when it was over. It's now almost a full 24 hours later, and I feel fine. The night before I played basketball, and the stretching and relaxations we did seem to have released my jaw.

Today I ought to walk. I did one round through the neighborhood here last night; that's almost a mile. I haven't been sleeping well. "Babying" my right heel means less walking, which has its disadvantages. This afternoon is my turn to babysit, so I have a busy day planned. Tomorrow is swimming day, now that I'm restricted to once a week in Neve Yaakov.

Thursday the usual pre-Shabbat cooking and then the first day back at work. Honestly, I could use a little more vacation. I'd feel better about going back to work if my schedule was fully corrected and there was more communication from my "bosses."

Enough with the kvetch! On with the day!

5 comments:

Sarah Likes Green said...

glad to hear you've recovered from the basketball incident.

Pragmatician said...

thanks for the link, will reciprocate soon.

Batya said...

Thanks, Sarah, I'm real lucky, B"H.

Prag', my pleasure!

Mama Duck said...

Awww, sorry about everyone leaving!! I would like to try a quiet house for a bit tho ;).

Batya said...

I've been there before. It's pretty easy to get used to. Less dishes and laundry, though my "baby" has been doing his own. But they're helpful in other ways, which I'll miss.