Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What am I doing at this hour of the night?

One thing. I'm not jet-lagged. I've been home a month and a half already. I was sleeping fine. But then somehow this week, the last couple of nights I haven't been sleeping well. Not good.

I should be exhausted, as I didn't sleep well yesterday, and I taught from 1:45 until 7:15 and then we had a two hour staff meeting. I ate a junky "supper" at the meeting, which included too much cake. I don't usually have cake during the week, certainly not at night. Could I have suddenly developed a "sugar high?"

It's not like I'm all that energetic during the day. Today, I goofed off on the computer, did a wash, had some lunch, washed dishes, went down early to pay a shiva call, and then I went to where I get picked up to go to work.

Tonight I had trouble again trying to post a picture on blogger. And I tried again when I turned the computer back on. Still no success.

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth blogging. Most people visit the blogs by chance via google. But I find writing very relaxing. What if I spent this time and energy writing a book? Would that be better? I also must find a quicker and more efficient way of answering all the email.

I just had some oatmeal. Hopefully the heavy starch will put me to sleep. Tomorrow I'll have to work off the calories, and also the cake calories. There's no lack of calories to burn off. Maybe somebody wants to help?




You're not going to believe this! After writing what I did about blogging pictures, I tried this one, and it's right here before your eyes! This is the place where I had my hair cut a few weeks ago. Honestly, I'm not all that happy with the cut. Friends who saw it at the pool told me they thought it was great. But it doesn't quite do what I need it to do. My hair does not stay easily hidden.

Actually, it's kind of weird. My hair sometimes returns to the shape it kept--should I tell you how many years ago? OK, 45 years ago, and I have pictures to prove it, to me at least, since nobody really sees my hair. Lots of people discover texture changes as they get older, since grey hair is sometimes wiry and more stubborn. So I guess I ought to be happy. It's a strange sort of deja vu to see myself like that again. And that's the shape I always hated. I couldn't wait until my mother would stop dragging me to have my hair cut. Once we moved to Great Neck from Bell Park Gardens, Bayside, she got too busy, and I could finally let my hair grow.

I like covering my hair. It makes life easier, but not when the hair keeps peeking out without warning at the most inopportune times.

It's really too late; I'll have to try to fall asleep again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you ought to cut down on the sugar. I read a book called Sugar Busters that helped me lose a lot of weight and feel better.

Anyway, at night you really ought to cut the carbs if you're palnning to sleep. Oatmeal is great, but better in the morning.

And meetings are enough to sicken just about anyone.

Batya said...

The energies used teaching don't make for a good sleep.

Risa Tzohar said...

You shouldn't go to a fashion place to have a haircut that's fit to be covered. They don't understand. You have to go to a sheitl place where everyone who gets their hair cut needs it to fit neatly under something.

Batya said...

It's not a fashion place. It's the haircutting school and only cost me ns35!