Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Viva La Difference


Please excuse my French spelling if there's a mistake; I took Spanish, learned Hebrew and write in English!

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who was shocked at this:
Jewish man removed from airplane for praying


Some fellow passengers are questioning why an Orthodox Jewish man was removed from an Air Canada Jazz flight in Montreal last week for praying.
It immediately made me think of the flights to and from Israel, especially the Nefesh B'Nefesh ones, where I took this picture, as the sun rose on August 10, 2006. Praying on the plane was such a natural sight and easier to get a minyan than in most neighborhoods.
I'm sure my prying camera was their biggest annoyance.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another dumb airline stewardess???
According to reports, no one seemed bothered by the man praying, but the stewardess said he was making other passengers nervous.

I'm disgusted ... simply disgusted with the world.

Batya said...

It should be part of the "sensitivity training" of airline personell.

Pragmatician said...

it wasn't so nice but if it were a muslim guy I'd been happy, s for the ignorant goyim, perhaps it was arelief too.

Batya said...

Do they pray in planes?