Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Summertime

The three color photos are from this summer, and the black and white from the Bell Park Gardens, Bayside, NY, site, where I grew up, that Gary found for me. I could be one of those kids buying ice cream from Joe!

That was summer for us. We looked forward to Joe or "Good Humor" to come around. Joe was actually a neighbor, and his daughter was in my class. Another summer treat was when a "ride," like from an amusement park came trucked in for a half hour or so.




photo credit: hi joe







Those rides were very different from what you see in the pictures I took "the last Tuesday of summer vacation in Shiloh's "Central Park."

Everything was different "way back when." I'm pretty sure that, in the 1950's, the grown-ups at Rockefeller Plaza wouldn't have walked around in such "informal attire."

Well, now it's back to work for me, a full day, so I had better plan those lessons.

5 comments:

JB said...

Summer time it's already finnish :( We must wait a bit for next year!!

Batya said...

en el norte` si` pero...

Wow! How's that for my minimal Spanish!

The southern hemisphere is just enjoying spring time right now, while...

Anonymous said...

What a trip back in time. I wonder what my then/there places look like in the here/now. Maybe that will inspire my next vacation.

Batya said...

Sure which places? Bayside? or where you grew up?

Anonymous said...

Summer sure has come and gone quickly! I remember the Ice Cream Man coming around our neighborhood when I was a child. I wish they still had that today. I think my daughter would get a kick out of it!

Here via Carnival of Family Life.