Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Frightening Vision Into The Future

I'm trying to remember why I got a morning flight out of AZ.  Maybe it cost less.  What really shocked me was to discover that I don't get a free suitcase.  There's no baggage included in the type of ticket.  I'm going Delta.  I was first told that I was going American Airlines.  I'm not the one who booked the tickets and I'm not allowed to complain.  This is also a trip I didn't pay for.  So, if I have unexpected expenses, they are minor all considered.  That's the mantra today, this week etc.


Both of my parents have deteriorated over the years.  They are no longer the all-powerful.


It's frightening to consider that one day, I, too can be like they are today, or worse...

5 comments:

Risa Tzohar said...

I think that instead of being frightened we should be talking to our children (now) about plans and contingencies. This is especially true for those of us with a bunch (b"h) of kids, so that it's clear and they won't be fighting over what they think we should want.

(Funny, my captcha word here is restro)

Anonymous said...

I suppose when we see our parents age and become vulnerable, we feel sorry for them and also for the future old folks we will probably be.

Leora said...

Hang in there. Like Ilana Davita said, we see our parents, we see our own vulnerabilities.

rickismom said...

definately.

Batya said...

Thanks, you all have such good points. My kids feel like they're preparing for us. I was caught by surprise, as was my parents.

My greatest joy is that my sister and I, as different as so many things are, we agree on everything about how to care for our parents.