Tuesday, December 11, 2007

New Version of Potato Latkes

Yes, Baruch Hashem, the house was pretty full last night to celebrate the 7th night of Chanukah.


I tried a new version of the classic, raw potato Potato Latkes (pancakes.) Using my food processor, I shredded about half the potatoes, onions and a nice big carrot. Then I used the knife attachment to "chop" the rest really fine. Everything was then put in a big bowl with the eggs, seasonings and matzah meal to sop up the liquid. No, I don't pour out any liquid from the potatoes and onions, and I didn't soak the potatoes in water, nor did I bother peeling the potatoes.

Everyone agreed that it was a great success! Doing it this way is the "best of both worlds."


Exact measurements? Sorry. There's really no way of measuring exactly. I'd estimate that you should have approximately twice the bulk potatoes to onions. You can add carrots and squash. This isn't some exact chemistry formulae.



And this is our traditional game. Pin the candle on the Menorah.


4 comments:

Sarah Likes Green said...

cute game!

Batya said...

Thanks
As you can see, everyone has to play! Decorating all the candles was a fun activities for the girls.

The Babka Nosher said...

That game looks great! I need to do something like that next year! BTW... I've tagged you... come check it out!

Batya said...

nosher, it's an easy game, and I did the tag

re:Carnival of Family Life, it's not yet posted