Thursday, December 27, 2007

I Left My "Mark"

It's testing season in Israeli high schools. There are now two testing seasons actually. The winter season was once very minor, used mostly for special programs for those not in "proper" high schools. But now, in order to reduce pressure at the end of the year, many schools are having their students tested on the winter dates.

Where I teach, we've been busy with "pre-tests" to prepare the boys for the "real thing." I proctored a double session yesterday.



On Sunday, I was in a nearby school, testing a few dozen students in the "Interview" English Test. And today I tested girls in another local high school. When I went into the English Room, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the "decorations" I had made when I subbed there, eight were still displayed.

It was really nice to know that my short presence hadn't been erased.



2 comments:

therapydoc said...

I'm in awe of teachers. The kids really appreciate quality, too.

Batya said...

I'm not one of the all time greats, but I still love it-- most of the time.