Sunday, December 02, 2007

Beautiful and Inspiring!


Today I visited with one of my best friends, a true inspiration to me. She's a full generation older and is younger in so many ways. So when she told me that she had something special to show on her computer after lunch, I was very willing. Yes, she has a computer. Why not? I find that age doesn't hold people back from being computer savvy, but that's not the point of this post.

She opened a link and two dancers, a man and a woman, began dancing a ballet duet. Let me just say that they're not your typical dancers. They're both disabled. One disability is easy to spot, and the other, less so.

The name of their dance is "Hand in Hand," rather ironic in a sense. They won a dance contest, and the other contestants were not disabled. If you haven't done so yet, click here, watch and read about Ma Li and Zhai Xiaowei.

No comments: