Thursday, December 13, 2007

Finally tried it out

For whatever reasons, I kept thinking that the Shammai 12 restaurant in Jerusalem was similar to the Hillel chain.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Maybe that's because the streets are parallel. But the Aroma chain is the one similar to Hillel. Shammai 12 is something else. It's one of those "Italian" ones.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I finally tried it out not long ago.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The waitress tried to talk me out of having spinach ravioli in pesto sauce. She said that many customers are turned off by so much green, but I liked it. The only mistake was that I was at a "social occasion," the screening of Refusenik afterwards, and I kept having to clean my mouth with mint strips because of the garlic.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The location, music and food, all fine.

5 comments:

Pesky Settler said...

Hubby and I have been looking for a dairy restaurant... we used to go to Luigi's but something changed with their menu and it's not as good as it used to be.

What are the prices like?

We're the ones who have to put up with them said...

Mmmmm, the photos of your meal are making me hungry. Why would anyone ever try to talk you out of pesto? Yum!

Batya said...

Pesky, prices were standard. Nice atmosphere there. I haven't been to Luigi's for awhile, because I found it "boring."
ellie, just reporting. I didn't want too much dairy, and I like green veggies. Give me spinach any day.

Anonymous said...

whetting my apetite.

Batya said...

Next time you're in Jerusalem... Lakewood's a lot further than Shiloh.