Friday, December 14, 2007

Catch It While You Can!!

Chez Gita is closing down. Yes, that lovely little restaurant on Chavatzelet Street in downtown Jerusalem.

Instead of my usual rushed felafel, I made a point of having a meal there and even treated myself to a piece of cake... which was so rich I couldn't even finish it.


I sat by the window and enjoyed the view. OK, you probably think I'm nuts to enjoy watching a "construction scene," but I always get a kick out of the reflections on windows.
There's a certain elegance to the restaurant, though some other diners were speaking so loudly, it was hard to control myself. I felt that I should join their conversation. The music was lovely; I tried to concentrate on that and the view.

If you can, pop in for a lovely meal or snack.

Good luck Gita...

No comments: